Lifted from PHP

Go down

Lifted from PHP

Post  Rosedale Resident on Wed May 12, 2010 4:57 pm

Penn Hills superintendent to retire
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
By Tina Calabro
The Penn Hills school board voted Monday to accept the retirement of Superintendent Joseph Carroll, effective July 9.

Dr. Carroll, 59, became superintendent in December 2008, after serving as acting superintendent for six months immediately after the previous superintendent, Patricia Gennari, unexpectedly retired. He joined the district in 2004 as assistant superintendent.

A year and a half remained on his $130,000 per year contract. The school board awarded him an early retirement package, which included a $30,000 lump sum payment. The package was based on a similar package offered to district administrators two years ago.

Dr. Carroll made no public statement about his retirement at the meeting. He said in an interview that his reason for retiring was that he "has reached normal retirement age," adding that he will be 60 this month.

Four of the nine school board members publicly thanked Dr. Carroll for his service during the board meeting.

What a bunch of jerks we have on this board. 5 of 9 could not even pretend that they were a part of the problem and say thanks for your service.
I don't know if Dr. Carroll was or could have been any good, but I do know that this board hammered at him every chance they got. They are the ones who should be resigning.
Rosedale Resident

Back to top Go down

Re: Lifted from PHP

Post  HopefulInPh on Fri May 14, 2010 12:12 am

Rosedale Resident wrote:Penn Hills superintendent to retire
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
By Tina Calabro
The Penn Hills school board voted Monday to accept the retirement of Superintendent Joseph Carroll, effective July 9.

Dr. Carroll, 59, became superintendent in December 2008, after serving as acting superintendent for six months immediately after the previous superintendent, Patricia Gennari, unexpectedly retired. He joined the district in 2004 as assistant superintendent.

A year and a half remained on his $130,000 per year contract. The school board awarded him an early retirement package, which included a $30,000 lump sum payment. The package was based on a similar package offered to district administrators two years ago.

Dr. Carroll made no public statement about his retirement at the meeting. He said in an interview that his reason for retiring was that he "has reached normal retirement age," adding that he will be 60 this month.

Four of the nine school board members publicly thanked Dr. Carroll for his service during the board meeting.

What a bunch of jerks we have on this board. 5 of 9 could not even pretend that they were a part of the problem and say thanks for your service.
I don't know if Dr. Carroll was or could have been any good, but I do know that this board hammered at him every chance they got. They are the ones who should be resigning.

Amen!! afro
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum