Penn Hills Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penn Hills school bus drivers threaten to stay home in dispute

Go down

Should the Penn Hills School District keep the district's 78 bus drivers, or privatize the bus service to save money?

Penn Hills school bus drivers threaten to stay home in dispute I_vote_lcap50%Penn Hills school bus drivers threaten to stay home in dispute I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Penn Hills school bus drivers threaten to stay home in dispute I_vote_lcap50%Penn Hills school bus drivers threaten to stay home in dispute I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Penn Hills school bus drivers threaten to stay home in dispute I_vote_lcap0%Penn Hills school bus drivers threaten to stay home in dispute I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Penn Hills school bus drivers threaten to stay home in dispute Empty Penn Hills school bus drivers threaten to stay home in dispute

Post  HopefulInPh Tue May 10, 2011 2:35 am

By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Some school bus drivers threatened not to show up for work today because the Penn Hills School Board failed yesterday to publicly discuss their contract.

A school board measure to place the contract talks on the agenda failed 3-3. Three board members were absent.

A five-year contract covering the district's 78 bus drivers expired on June 30. District officials have been exploring privatizing bus service as a cost-saving measure to deal with a projected $3.9 million budget shortfall

Read more: Penn Hills school bus drivers threaten to stay home in dispute - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_736247.html#ixzz1LvbyOxE6
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down