Penn Hills Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School Board Meeting

2 posters

Go down

School Board Meeting Empty School Board Meeting

Post  HopefulInPh Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:01 pm

School Board Voting Meeting
Monday, March 8, 2010, 7 – 9pm
Boardroom, Administrative Building, 309 Collins Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15235
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

School Board Meeting Empty Board Meeting

Post  mr.ed Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:44 am

I plan to attend this meeting. Should be a crowded one.

mr.ed

Back to top Go down

School Board Meeting Empty Re: School Board Meeting

Post  HopefulInPh Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:57 am

mr.ed wrote:I plan to attend this meeting. Should be a crowded one.

I plan to be there also!! I wonder how much this all has to do with the contract? or is this really about how they plan to pay for new buildings???
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.ed Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:11 am

I read the agenda on the school web site. They will update the info on the new schools and they are buying new trucks. I did not see anything to do with the contract.

mr.ed

Back to top Go down

Post  HopefulInPh Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:55 am

mr.ed wrote:I read the agenda on the school web site. They will update the info on the new schools and they are buying new trucks. I did not see anything to do with the contract.

I'm a little confused as to why people are surprised about the lay offs, isn't this how the district has been planning to pay for the Buildings? (High School and Mega Center). And why are they letting them go next year?? Will the High School and Dible Center be built by then? And will we get answers tonight??? No
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

School Board Meeting Empty board meeting

Post  mr.ed Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:08 pm

Don't get me started on the building fiasco again. Mr Liberto stated that they lost something like 500 students in the last couple years. Thats why he wants to furlough teachers. With a declining population and tax base, why go into 150 million in new debt? I really wish they would focus on education instead.

By the way Doug was not aware of the Pennhillsparents being offline.

mr.ed

Back to top Go down

Post  HopefulInPh Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:29 pm

mr.ed wrote:Don't get me started on the building fiasco again. Mr Liberto stated that they lost something like 500 students in the last couple years. Thats why he wants to furlough teachers. With a declining population and tax base, why go into 150 million in new debt? I really wish they would focus on education instead.

By the way Doug was not aware of the Pennhillsparents being offline.

It seems like education is the last thing being focused on these days!!! BTW!!! PennHillsParents.org is back up Smile farao
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.ed Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:28 am

I attended the meeting but did not stay for the whole thing. Very hot and crowded. Many people could not get in and were turned away because of the fire hazard of having too many people in the room. It needed to be in the auditorium.

mr.ed

Back to top Go down

Post  HopefulInPh Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:43 pm

mr.ed wrote:I attended the meeting but did not stay for the whole thing. Very hot and crowded. Many people could not get in and were turned away because of the fire hazard of having too many people in the room. It needed to be in the auditorium.

Hey Mr. Ed. You are correct!! I was outside, not allowed in for over an hour and a half..............good thing we got a parking spot close to the door, we sat in the car and waited. I was pretty annoyed the location wasn't changed to an auditorium after the announcement Friday! I saw on the News they asked anyone who didn't live in Penn Hills to leave, that the meeting was for Penn Hills residents only, but I guess they were ALL residents of Penn Hills! LOL (I didn't know we had so many of our Teachers living in Penn Hills Smile. I know in the hour and a half we waited in the car a lot of residents drove by, looked at the people waiting at the door.... and kept going Sad
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

School Board Meeting Empty meeting

Post  mr.ed Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:05 am

Yes they didn't even let Councilman Kinkaid in. The good news is they might not really be laying any teachers off. They just need to throw a number out there that is higher than what they will actually do like 6 months in advance.

If you look at my post from 9 months ago I stated just give them 4% and call it a day. After all this grief and cost for negotiators, thats probably what they will do.

I think that they should let the women do the negotiating, these men have turned this into a testoterone infused pissin contest.

We need a lot of teachers to spend one on one time after school with some of these kids if we want to get the scores up.

mr.ed

Back to top Go down

Post  HopefulInPh Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:37 pm

mr.ed wrote:Yes they didn't even let Councilman Kinkaid in. The good news is they might not really be laying any teachers off. They just need to throw a number out there that is higher than what they will actually do like 6 months in advance.

If you look at my post from 9 months ago I stated just give them 4% and call it a day. After all this grief and cost for negotiators, thats probably what they will do.

I think that they should let the women do the negotiating, these men have turned this into a testoterone infused pissin contest.

We need a lot of teachers to spend one on one time after school with some of these kids if we want to get the scores up.

LOL too funny about the men!!! I think they're trying not to have the same problems that had last year when they tired to lay off Teachers. I honestly believe by the time those buildings are build they are going to lay off a LOT of teachers, remember how they plan to re pay the loan for those buildings.......
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down