Penn Hills Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 PSSA Resuts!

5 posters

Go down

2010 PSSA Resuts! Empty 2010 PSSA Resuts!

Post  HopefulInPh Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:58 am

Okay, August 26th, Penn Hills still haven't released the 2010 PSSA results.........Hmm.. I don't think this is a good sign. Sad

Anytime now Penn Hills Schools District inquiring minds want to know!!

afro
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

2010 PSSA Resuts! Empty Re: 2010 PSSA Resuts!

Post  Rosedale Resident Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:31 pm

At the last SB meeting, Dr. Vak stated that the district was 'appealing" the results of some of the sub-groups, causing the delay.
Rosedale Resident
Rosedale Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  HopefulInPh Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:41 am

Rosedale Resident wrote:At the last SB meeting, Dr. Vak stated that the district was 'appealing" the results of some of the sub-groups, causing the delay.

You don't appeal scores when they are good, they did the same thing last year. Last ditch effort to get the scores up! The question is how bad are they?

afro
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

2010 PSSA Resuts! Empty Propel is growing for a good reason

Post  jdcarmine Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 am

Propel is growing for a good reason. They can at least make sure the kids that go to their schools actually come from the communities they claim to come from, and CHARGE that school district. Parents certainly know the reality of what our poor teachers and our kids are facing. Anyone who has gone to the transportation office must have seen the new fliers encouraging people to report, anonymously, non residents coming into our schools. I do not think that is really going to resolve the problem.

jdcarmine

Back to top Go down

Post  HopefulInPh Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:01 pm

jdcarmine I remember one board meeting months ago where the topic of kids who don't live in the district attending Penn hills Schools was brought up. They were suppose to have a Hot Line to report student that do not live in the district, but there was a problem with the number, it was disconnected or something Shocked ....... R.R. help me out with the details, were you at that meeting?

I serious doubt there's much they can do as long as the child has an address to give them with a friend or relative living there.

Propel, the Private Schools.....etc will continue to grow as long as the scores low.

afro
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosedale Resident Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:16 pm

R.R. help me out with the details, were you at that meeting?

I remember the meeting, I don't remember the details. Sorry!
Rosedale Resident
Rosedale Resident

Back to top Go down

2010 PSSA Resuts! Empty RESULTS

Post  shealey325 Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:22 am

• 96.2% of the African American Students attending the Penn Hills High School took the PSSA test, of those students only 45% scored at or above Proficient in Reading. In Math only 38.1% scored at or above Proficient

THIS IS HORRIBLE Twisted Evil

shealey325

Back to top Go down

2010 PSSA Resuts! Empty The scores

Post  steelctygal Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:38 am

But remember they had a "celebration" because Linton MADE AYP for the first time...with scores like this there is nothing to celebrate about. No The numbers are sickening to see, and after all this time, 4 years on corrective action for the high school alone, what is Penn Hills going to do to honor the mission statement, because it's apparent they are NOT educating ALL children with numbers like these
steelctygal
steelctygal

Back to top Go down

Post  HopefulInPh Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:23 pm

4 years of corrective II action. Lets do the math! Fail to make AYP status for 5 consecutive years gets you to Corrective Action II, then stay there for 4 years....

5 + 4 = 9 !!!!!!!!

9 consecutive years of NOT making AYP for the High School!
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down