Penn Hills Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad Day for us in Penn Hills

2 posters

Go down

Sad Day for us in Penn Hills Empty Sad Day for us in Penn Hills

Post  shealey325 Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:39 pm

First, I would like to say that it is truly a sad state of affairs, that we live in a day and age where students, teachers and staff must worry about their safety while trying to learn and educate, and parents live with the fear of receiving a call or seeing on the news that there has been an incident at school. However, the threat of school violence is an ever present danger and is why it is imperative that we have a protocol in place to address this threat. We must communicate better and more effectively. We must work together to ensure that our children are in a safe environment. Teachers and Administrators must be respected and not look upon as if they have no authority. Yes this was a very sad day for Penn Hills not just our School District but our Community as well. We are a better community then what we have been portrayed to be on the local/ national media.
I would be remiss if I did not say the staff that was present at the Fralic did a great job considering the environment in which they had to work in. Although 6 students were arrested the remaining 594 did a great job keeping their composure.

Denise Graham-Shealey

shealey325

Back to top Go down

Sad Day for us in Penn Hills Empty Bravo

Post  MrsJohnson Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:58 am

I wish that more focus would be on the fact that the children would not have been IN the Fralic Center had the emergency plan been followed...instead of sensationalizing the fraction of tiny percent that "took advantage of an unusual circumstance." I feel sorry for the students, teachers and administrators that are actually trying to improve the District.

The statement on their website only leads to more finger pointing and less accountability, the policies are clear...

MrsJohnson

Back to top Go down