Penn Hills Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CDC meeting

2 posters

Go down

CDC meeting Empty CDC meeting

Post  HopefulInPh Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:12 am

I got to the last CDC meeting late, I had another meeting to attend! I know there was a question about getting started on some things now, and someone mentioned a clean up day? I forgot to get the info.....sigh! I'm ready to get started!! afro
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

CDC meeting Empty Re: CDC meeting

Post  mr.ed Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:17 am

Hope
I did not see you come in at the meeting. We did form a board. Clean-up info is below. I did not know how to attach the flyer.

Mr.ed

Neighbors and Committee Members:

Penn Hills has been registered with the PA Cleanup and supplies will be available at the Municipal Garage at 6600 Leechburg Rd. (see attached flyer), as well as the Crescent Hills Park on Sycamore Rd.(details to follow).

Please pass the word about the April 24th date with your churches, organizations, youth groups, and friends.

Thanks for your support!

Chris Miller

mr.ed

Back to top Go down

Post  HopefulInPh Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Hey Mr. Ed!!! I got in shortly before the vote for the board. I'll be on the board with you for 12 months. That was just to get a board to get the process moving right?? LOL My hubby (Joe) was at the meeting with our son, he said the meeting was mostly about setting up the board? I haven't had time to read all the papers yet!!

Anyway:) I was wondering last night, what is a reasonable expectation for this CDC? Have there ever been a CDC in this area that has been able to make a hug impact on a community! I was also wondering about East Liberty. I hadn't been to East Liberty in years, but about 6 months ago I had to go to East Liberty to get my family the H1N1 flu shots......I was amazed at what's going on in East Liberty....New Businesses, No construction , Google moving in......etc. Guess how East Liberty started to turn things around?? A CDC!!

" East Liberty Development, Inc., a 501(c)3 Community Development Corporation (CDC) since 1979, has established residential and commercial development programming to transform East Liberty and provide development services to partner organizations throughout the East End of Pittsburgh." Check this out..... http://www.eastliberty.org/

I think we should go to the Municipality, and fight to try and change Lowes mind! what ya think??
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

CDC meeting Empty CDC

Post  mr.ed Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:58 pm

That's great that you are on the board. Yes I used to live in East Liberty and I do know about ELDI. In fact I volunteered to work with them. Although I did not really do much, I gave them the Idea to seek volunteers and they got bigger and better. That was probably 10 to 20 years ago (before home depot).

So our new group on the Board looks to be a great bunch of people and a lot of various talents. I'm very encouraged However there is a lot of work to do and the time is short. Thats why I asked to get things started right away. Seems like every other house in my neighborhood is for sale. We need to change the perception so that people want to stay.

mr.ed

Back to top Go down

Post  HopefulInPh Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:09 pm

mr.ed wrote:That's great that you are on the board. Yes I used to live in East Liberty and I do know about ELDI. In fact I volunteered to work with them. Although I did not really do much, I gave them the Idea to seek volunteers and they got bigger and better. That was probably 10 to 20 years ago (before home depot).

So our new group on the Board looks to be a great bunch of people and a lot of various talents. I'm very encouraged However there is a lot of work to do and the time is short. Thats why I asked to get things started right away. Seems like every other house in my neighborhood is for sale. We need to change the perception so that people want to stay.

Mr. Ed throw out some ideas......I'm with you!! I would also like to seeing things moving forward now!! DO you think there's a chance to save the walmart/lowes deal??
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.ed Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:52 am

You ask if we could save the Walmart deal? We should take that question to the next CDC meeting on April 12. It is possible but we would have to get our ducks in a row. Some Ideas to entice them:

1. Lerta Tax Abatement - no property tax first year incrementing 20% per year for 5 years.
2. Eliminate all the extra promises given to Petra Ministries related to the economic opportunity zone. This would require a conversation and buy-in by Petra.
3. Get Wilkinsburg involved. They seemed to be a silent partner in all of this.
4. Get Penn Hills Planning and Council on board
5. Contact Governor, Representatives, County etc.

We also need to get the real reason they backed out and counteract those reasons.

Once this is accomplished aproach Walmart with the proposal.

mr.ed

Back to top Go down

Post  HopefulInPh Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:21 pm

Mr. Erd ,did you read all the papers from the CDC meeting?? I 'm just getting around to it, pretty interesting. I have a question for you do you know when the Penn Hills Economic Development Committee meets? and who's on the committee?
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down