Penn Hills Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stategic Planning Meeting

3 posters

Go down

Stategic Planning Meeting Empty Stategic Planning Meeting

Post  David Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:47 am

You are right on with the need for businesses in this community. That is why I was a bit disappointed at the strategic planning meeting on Wednesday. They asked folks to vote on the most important things for the community and most folks said code enforcement of grass cutting and garbage clean up. Many of these folks were in their 60's-70's. That's why we need people to go to these meetings and tell the township that businesses are important. The planning committee is supposed to take the most important issues and implement them. Though the code enforcement is important ...it is business that will help revitalize the community.
sunny
David

David

Back to top Go down

Stategic Planning Meeting Empty Re: Stategic Planning Meeting

Post  ceciliasjafra Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:18 am

David,
so what i missed was the vote for code enforcement being the top priority?
I'd have to agree with you about the businesses need to come to penn hills, they should be working on both so that new businesses will want to be in a clean beautiful area for the to create jobs and income for the district.
I was also suprised with the age range of those who were at the meeting. I expected to see more younger and more diverse people at the meeting. Maybe we can get others to come to the meeting on the 20th of august at the library and give their view of what we need for the community. If everyone would clean up their own properities whether you rent or own- what a beautiful place this would be in a very short amount of time.
Respect your neighbors and lead be example. When I moved in to my hosue 19yrs ago, my neighbors told me the ways of the street and what they expected from me as a neighbor. I was grateful for the info and have shared that info with new families that moved on our street. No one was offended and we live, happier ever after-until someone refused to clean up there yard-hence code enforcement and legal stuff.
Take the first step and clean up you own yard and the others will follow. And I live where HOPE lives... Very Happy
Cecilia
ceciliasjafra
ceciliasjafra

http://www.myjafra.com/CGray

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:22 pm

Not exactly Cecilia. the fnal results of which were the most important changes to be made to PH will come after the last meeting. My point was that most of the people there were most concerned about the code inforcement issues. It is important that everyone attend the next/last meeting to give your opinion. Though code inforcement is important, I think business are more important. I believe that the next meeting (Aug 20) will be in the council chambers not at the library.

David

David

Back to top Go down

Post  HopefulInPh Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:25 am

David wrote:Not exactly Cecilia. the fnal results of which were the most important changes to be made to PH will come after the last meeting. My point was that most of the people there were most concerned about the code inforcement issues. It is important that everyone attend the next/last meeting to give your opinion. Though code inforcement is important, I think business are more important. I believe that the next meeting (Aug 20) will be in the council chambers not at the library.

David

There are 2 meetings on Aug 20th? bounce
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down