Penn Hills Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penn Hills officials consider relaxing residency requirement

2 posters

Go down

Penn Hills officials consider relaxing residency requirement Empty Penn Hills officials consider relaxing residency requirement

Post  HopefulInPh Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:26 am

Hi All,

I was catching up on some reading and ran across this article. Basically the Tribune is reporting the Penn Hills Council hired a new municipal manager last summer. And there's a requirement that the Manager live in Penn Hills. The new guy they hired is having a problem selling his current home in order to more here. Penn Hills Mayor who supports the residency requirement, plans to ask council to consider granting a 90-day extension, IF they can legally give him more time. Then the article goes into different opinions about the residency requirement. So I was wondering what other people think? Should police, and municipality managers etc. be required to live in the Community? Start typing, let people know YOUR opinion:)

afro peace! (I'm just too cool with this fro)

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/east/s_580189.html
HopefulInPh
HopefulInPh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Penn Hills officials consider relaxing residency requirement Empty muncipality worker should live in the community...

Post  ceciliasjafra Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:50 pm

Sorry for the new guy not being able to sell his home, maybe he should check into the residents that are selling their homes and make a even swap for his home.

I'm sure there are some residents that would love to move into Lower Burrell , to get out of Penn Hills bad enough to made a deal with Mr.Van Horne for his home.

If the extention is given, what's gonna happen next? The residency rule will be the next thing to go and then we get our taxes raised to compensate for another loss for Penn Hills.

Sorry if I sound ungracious, but isn't there someone who already lives in the borough that is qualified for this position? What degree do you have to have? confused

There has to be someone that can do this job, or is our muncpiality that hard to work for that we have had 4 different people in this job in 4 years? It all can't be due to house sales?

It's a shame that we as a community cannot fill this position and we are losing so many business to other areas that are growing by leaps and bounds.

Maybe the Mayor can find a solution without bending the rules-we can't do that when we have issues with selling our homes due to the market.
Can the Mayor do something about the water bills we have all received-and can;t afford to pay due to the gasoline prices??? sorry- sometimes thing slip out-

Maybe he wasn't meant to be in the position if he is having problems due to the economy and the sale of his home.Good luck

Sorry for being truthful- maybe it's the new tax increase that is speaking Crying or Very sad
still trying to figure out what get cut in my family to pay that one.
Cecilia
ceciliasjafra
ceciliasjafra

http://www.myjafra.com/CGray

Back to top Go down